We are pleased that you will be joining us on our study abroad program this year. This purpose of this section is to provide you with the resources you need to get ready for your study abroad experience. We have outlined the tasks you need to complete:
Please note that some of these materials are password protected. The username and password will be emailed to you. You can also email email@example.com for this information at any time.
The AUIP Program Handbook is designed to provide you with all the information you need to successfully and safely complete your study abroad experience. Information contained within the Handbook includes:
- Pre-departure checklist
- What to expect
- Making travel arrangements
- Important health and safety information
- Emergency contacts
- Entry requirements (such as visas)
Please complete, sign and return to your Faculty Leader:
- Form 1 (Waiver of Liability, Covenant not to Sue, and Indemnity) and
- Form 2 (Fiji Village Homestay Waiver and Assumption of Risk) (Fiji students only)
Note: Students cannot be officially accepted on the program unless they have signed Form 1 (all students) and Form 2 (Fiji students).
The optional group flight can be booked online with Student Universe. When booking your flight, please follow this procedure:
- Click on the Group Flights link to the right.
- Ensure that the flight itinerary matches the program itinerary/dates.
- When calling to book a flight, make sure you state: (a) Program country. (b) Program dates. (c) School acronym
- Students travelling to Australia will need an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). Each ETA costs $20. StudentUniverse will help you complete an ETA if you call 800.351.3279. Please Note: if you are a non-US citizen you may not be eligible for an ETA, please check the ETA link.
- Ground transportation is not arranged by Student Universe. AUIP arranges ground transportation ONLY for students who books flights through Student Universe.
- Flights are subjects to availability.
- Check the deposit due date.
- Check the final payment date.
Special Accommodations or Requirements
Please inform your Faculty Leader in writing if:
- You need special accommodation(s) because of a documented disability.
- You have any special dietary or other requirements.
Make sure that your passport is valid for travel to the country or countries that you will be visiting. Consult the U.S. Department of State Consular Information Sheets for details.
Social media outlets have been established to (a) help you prepare for your trip, and (b) stay connected at the conclusion of your program. Follow our Facebook page to ask currently enrolled and former students pre-departure tips and information. Sign-up for our blog to receive important travel tips and advice. Link in to our Twitter account to receive important updates, e.g., deadlines and on-campus orientations. Peruse video and picture posts on our Youtube and Flickr pages.
All students enrolled on a program must view the online AUIP Pre-Departure Orientation(s) prior to departure. Please watch the orientation, complete the quiz, then email the completed quiz to your Faculty Leader.
Medical and Dental Check-ups
Obtain medical and dental check-ups, and order sufficient prescription medications for the entire program.
U.S. Department of State Travel Registration
Register with the U.S. Department of State. Registration allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad so that the Department of State can assist you in case of an emergency.
When registering, in the form fields where it asks for local contact information, fill them in with the following information:
American Universities International Programs, Ltd.
P.O. Box 3771
and use this phone number: +64.3.377.4644
Consular Information Sheets
All students are required to review the U.S. Department of State Consular Information Sheets for the country or countries they are due to visit. Consular information sheets contain entry/exit requirements, health and safety information, important political announcements, threat of terrorism, and any travel warnings of which you should be aware. Please click on the link for the country or countries you will be visiting. Consular Information Sheets are updated regularly so please check these links on a regular basis.
Course Reading Packets
When informed by your Faculty Leader that your Course Reading Packet(s) are ready to order, please follow these instructions:
- Click on the link to the right to visit the Bel-Jean (Athens, GA) website.
- Indicate the course reading packet(s) you require (e.g., AUIP New Zealand and AUIP Fiji) in the Additional Message section.
- The Additional Message section should also include any special shipping requirements (for instance, if you need the packet to get to you within 3-4 days).
- After you have placed your order, you will receive an electronic invoice via Pay Pal.
- Once your payment is confirmed, your packet will go out via regular United States Postal Service unless you request otherwise.
- You should receive: (a) AUIP Course Reading Packet(s) and (b) AUIP Program Handbook (in miniature format)
All students enrolled in a Fiji or Sydney program must view three one-hour online lectures before the start of the program.
Pre-Departure Culture and Geography Quiz
Prior to departing the U.S., you must complete the Pre-Departure Culture and Geography Quiz (found in the Course Reading Packet) for each program you will attend. The quiz is due on day 1 of the program.
Note: Students travelling to Fiji must watch the three one-hour pre-departure lectures (see above) to complete the Fiji Pre-Departure Culture and Geography Quiz.
Packing Your SuitcaseReview and complete Form 3. This form contains a checklist of items to pack for each program.
Course Reading Packet(s)